Forever on the quest to create macro friendly vegan treats, I came up with these babies. And after much (much) tasting, I think it is safe to say that these are the best HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN BROWNIES that have ever passed my lips. I couldn’t even tell that they were high protein. Or vegan.
And of course, these are sugar free, gluten free, and high in fiber and nutrients. And protein! Such a win.
They are rich and fudgy af, and seriously addictive. I have been rumoured to have eaten half a batch in one day. But that’s just gossip.
To demonstrate just how great they are, here are the macros per brownie (not including the chocolate and peanut butter drizzle):
Double Fudge Vegan Protein Brownies
The fudgiest, richest chocolate brownies
- 1 can drained/rinsed red kidney beans (245g)
- 40g (80ml = 1/3 cup) chocolate plant protein powder
- 100g zucchini
- 50g banana (about 1/2 a large one)
- 35g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 15g (2 tbsp) coconut flour
- 20g (heaped tbsp) nut butter
- 12g ground flaxseeds (can sub chia seeds) in 80ml water
- 80ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (to taste- make mix slightly sweeter than you’d like final product)
- 50g melted sugar free chocolate For the 2 Drizzles
- 30g melted choc, 2 tbsp milk, 1/3 tsp instant coffee
- 1 big tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, microwaved for 30 secs, stirred every 10 secs to create a caramel. Optional Extras:
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips